Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Two Years

...Forever could never be long enough for me, to feel like I've had one enough with you...

Train knows how to say what I feel! 
June 21st is a very special day for me! Two years ago from Friday, I married the most amazing man! 

When I was a teenager, I decided that one day I would get married, and that I wanted my wedding day to be on the summer solstice. It appealed to me because this day is the longest day of the year. Thus making my wedding day last longer... Kind of. Romantic though, right?!


This was my year to plan what we would do for our anniversary, so I wanted to make sure it was amazing!
I picked out Park City because its still pretty local, yet it stil felt like a vacation. 
My parents watched Evelynn overnight for us and my brother and his wife took care of her most of Saturday. Without them, this trip couldnt have happened! Big thanks to them!
Before we headed into the mountains, I took Mike to Cravings on AF main. I had just had it the previous day with some girl friends and felt that I needed to share its goodness with him! Mike loved it! We shared the Apple Bacon Cheddar Grill Cheese and the Mac and Cheese Grill Cheese

We got a hotel at The Hilton Grand Vacation Club at Sunrise Lodge. It was pretty darn fancy! The first thing we did when we got there was check in, explored our studio room and..... Fell asleep! I think the 6 1/2 weeks with a newborn did it for us! We took an hour and a half nap! 
Our room was great! Vaulted ceilings, jetted bathtub (with an "E" for Every), patio, kitchenette and a ginormous shower! Thank you HotWire for a great deal! 
We figured we should wake up and see what Park City had to offer. So we checked out Tanger Outlet mall and had some great Mexican food at The Loco Lizard.
After dinner, we ran into Walmart. I actually forgot our entire bathroom bag, so we had to go in and purchase some necessary items. We ended up leaving with much more than what we needed (yoga mat, nail polish, golf equipment)....
While we were at Wamart, I noticed how late it was getting. We rushed back to our hotel so we could get in the hot tub before it closed! I've been dying to go hot tubbing ever since I got pregnant and found out I couldn't go! So it was like a dream came true when we finally got there! 
We hung out there for a bit and headed back to the room for the night.
All I have to say is how nice it was to sleep a whole night without waking up to pee or needing to take care of a newborn. As much as we love Evelynn, we were grateful for a break! 
The next morning, we did some more shopping. This time, we went to the famous Park City Main Street! 

Surprisingly, it wasn't very busy.. And definitely not what I expected. We went into all the fun shops and had lunch at The Eating Place. That is where we found this gem!
Pretty sure that is a chicken purse! Some cute old lady was with her husband and two grandkids. This was hiding out at her feet!
After Main Street, we decided to drive on home. We got distracted by a cool car show that was going on in Heber. Mike's been really into cars lately, so this was the perfect ending to our anniversary mini-vacation! 
We even found a couple of "Evelynn sized" cars!!



1 comment:

  1. Glad you enjoyed your stay with us in Park City!

    Jake @ HGV
    www.stayhgv.com

    ReplyDelete