Saturday, May 18, 2013

Make up for lost time!

I definitely dropped off the face of the earth there for a bit. I'll just give you some highlights of what happened.

End of December -
Our dear friends, Paul and McKenzie finally got married! We are so happy for them! The wedding was beautiful, the bride was beautiful, the whole day was beautiful!


We also found out that our other close friends, Trent and Star, are expecting! They will be having a little boy in July! Can't believe how excited I am for them!


January -
I went to California on a business trip for just over a week. At the end of it, Mike flew out to spend a few days with me! We went to Santa Monica pier, Sea World, and Mike showed me where he served a mission! It was so fun to be able to spend that time with him and to learn more about his life as a missionary. I got to meet some very special people to him, the Billings family and the Aragons. I'm so grateful for the influence they had on Mike!


February -
I quit working for MK Virtual Office and began an internship with March of Dimes March for Babies. I helped out with recruiting and fundraising for their annual walk . Today (May 18th) is the day they held their walk! I was hoping to be able to make it to the walk, but recently had a baby. We are still trying to work out our schedule, so unfortunately, I missed it.

March -
Mike and I both celebrated our birthdays! He is now 25 and I am 22 years old! I also was lucky enough to have such wonderful sisters and a mother who decided to throw me a shower! It was absolutely perfect. I am incredibly thankful for all the effort that was put into the shower and for everyone who came to support me, Michael, and baby Evelynn.
At the end of March, my sister moved away to Arizona. This may have been the hardest thing that has happened this year for me. Her husband got a wonderful job opportunity near Phoenix  and they decided that was where they needed to be. I miss them everyday. Thankfully, I got to spend a few days with them in Arizona. I helped out with Reagan while they did most of the unpacking. I don't know what I would have done if I didn't have that extra time with them. It was just what I needed.
I am looking forward to the arrival of my VERY FIRST NEPHEW! He is due to be here in July, and we are going to make a special trip out there to meet him!

April -
This was a rough month. It being the last month of pregnancy, I really was feeling it! I quit my internship early, for I was not able to make the drive to and back. I spent my good days getting ready for the baby, and my bad days sleeping on the couch. Here is me at 37 weeks!

A big highlight was that I was finally able to walk for graduation!



Graduation was at the end of April, and thankfully, I was able to make it all the way through without my water breaking! (I was 38 weeks pregnant). It was such a wonderful experience! I was able to walk with my  best friend, Brelynn! It's fun to see us over the years! Here is us at high school graduation, compared with college graduation! 

A day before graduation, my other best friend and next door neighbor, had her baby! Sweet Jovi was due just a day before Evelynn, but had to make an early entrance on April 25th! She had an awesome 3 and a half hour delivery and both mom and baby are completely healthy!

April left us a little sad. We were anxious for Evelynn to get here, especially since her womb buddy came so early!
Also, Paul & McKenzie started their new chapter in life in Texas. Paul got a promotion out there and will begin law school.
Our other friends, Bryan & Melissa, are living the summer in Minnesota. They will come back for fall semester, but will return out there to live permanently!
And lastly, we learned that some other good friends, Nick & Stephanie, are moving to Minnesota as well. She received a great job opportunity out there!
We will greatly miss all of them!

And that's a wrap! I think I hit all the big things that happened! 

No comments:

Post a Comment