Wednesday, August 24, 2011

The Proposal!


12.7.10

One of the most important days of my life. The day Mike asked me to marry him.

A little background information:

-Mike and I go on ABC dates. For instance, on A day, we might go to Applebees and make paper airplanes. B day we could go to the BYU game and do baptisms.. So on and so on.
-A month and a half ago, I had made a comment to Mike that it would be really nice to have something that would show people I wasn't single anymore. Like a shirt that said "Taken" or a penguin ornament. I'm not sure how we came up with the penguin one..
-Because of that comment, about three weeks ago, Mike got me a promise ring. It was too big, so we had to have it resized. They said it would take two weeks, but they "took longer than we thought".
-On a couple occasions, Mike threw a blanket over my head and when I took off the blanket, he was down on his knee. It appeared that he could be proposing, but he just said "Oh, my shoe was untied!" LOL.
-Previous to the engagement, Mike and I would always say "Could we just get married already?" He would not say "Will you marry me?" He wanted to save that for when he really asked!

Anyway! It was Mike's day to play D day. You guessed it. D for Diamonds!

Mike came over to my place after work to go out on our date. He took me to Chili's. This is where, three months ago, we went on our first date. He asked the host if we could sit in the same spot that we did our first time. There, we had a wonderful dinner together. He asked if I wanted to go on a walk to the park later and told me we should try to get there by sunset. 

So we left Chili's and headed to the park by my house. I kind of thought he might be doing it that night.. However, Mike knew that I was suspicious. I knew that he knew I was suspicious. So I thought because of that, he would wait for another night. 

Anyhow! We got to the park, got out of the car and started walking over to the tables. When we got to the tables, he threw a blanket over my head. My first thought was, "Oh he's doing it!" But when he pulled the blanket off my head, he was still standing. So we sat down at the table. He pulled out a box and said, "So, your promise ring is done!" When I opened the box up, it wasn't my promise ring at all. It was my engagement ring!!! He got down on his knee and said, "The question is no longer 'Could you marry me, but Will you marry me?" I said yes! He said some sweet things about how he loves me and some other things that I don't remember all too well. I was so excited that I just started kissing him! Later he told me that he was trying to tell me some more sweet things, but he couldn't get it all out because I wouldn't stop kissing him!

Afterwards, Mike told me that was not all. He walked me over to the playground where I saw a rose at the top of the slide. I had to climb up the slide, all through the playground, across the monkey bars and up some stairs. There was 24 roses all along the way. At the top of the stairs was a penguin cookie jar. Inside was my promise ring. Yeah, I got TWO rings when he proposed! :]

Inside the slide cover that was at the top, he had written K + M in a heart. We are going to head back over and write the date in there. 

12.7.10

No comments:

Post a Comment